Whew! I got a little WordPress “trophy” in my inbox stating that My Two Cats has reached 100 follows. Whew! Why do I “whew?” Because it’s been a year and four months, and that seems like a small number for that stretch of time. But let me say, it’s actually a large number. I had blogged years before with only 1 follower and that person was my roommate! I gave it up because it felt so invalidating and I didn’t know how to attract readers. Maybe I still don’t. Maybe Toby and Timba are my little magnets to gain the 100 of you who have so kindly bestowed upon me a little click of your mouse in the upper left hand side, or who have tolerated email messages from that crazy cat lady blogger.
So if my cats could talk, they’d be saying with me a big hearty Thank You! I have no idea how long it takes to build a followership and I can only hope that those of you who follow My Two Cats not only read posts but enjoy them. That is the whole point. It may be “all about the paws baby”, but the heart of this blog is to reach people on some level and to connect with them. To make people smile, laugh, resonate with antics, stories, and personal/life content. I also hope that little “trophy” is something each of you have seen, no matter the number it applauds, because it lets you know, as it does me, that something is right. Somehow you and I have not only become writers who are read, but writers who are actually enjoyed by other human beings.
So hats off to you, my first 100! Hopefully when I reach another 100 and write another little celebration post you can stick your tongue out and say “ha ha, we were the first!”
I regard cats as one of the great joys in the world. I see them as a gift of highest order.” – Trisha McCagh
Animals are the bridge between us and the beauty of all that is natural. They show us what’s missing in our lives, and how to love ourselves more completely and unconditionally. They connect us back to who we are, and to the purpose of why we’re here.” – Trisha McCagh, Stories from the Animal Whisperer: What Your Pet Is Thinking and Trying to Tell You
Thanks to Playful Kitty http://playfulkitty.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I have read that it’s a combination of the Very Inspiring Blogger and the Versatile Blogger awards. To be honest, the best part about receiving this award is that I’ve discovered a great blog in Playful Kitty, along with a bunch of other cat related blog connections! I can’t wait to dive through some of these blogs she follows and see what other cat lovers are meowing about 😉
The Rules of Receiving Award:
Display Award Certificate
Announce Your Win With A Link to Whoever Nominated You
Present 15 Or So Others With the Award & Comment On Their Site You Have Done So
Post 7 Interesting Things About Yourself
So in following the rules of the award, here are some blogs I really enjoy (in no particular order) and think they deserve an expansive readership:
In a S(k)nit http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/47893707/
Voices In His Head http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/36745882/
Post-It Happiness http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/43985573/
The War In My Brain http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/42477402/
All Those Small Things http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/30222809/
The World’s Top Ten of Anything http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/44388558/
7 Things About Mwa:
- I love African music and culture and cherish my friendships with them
- Hence, I love the African djembe and will someday buy another one and NOT sell it in a bind, and continue with local workshop drum fun!
- Ok, so I love all cultures and wish I had money to travel, but I have the gift of having many international friends and acquaintances here in the U.S.
- I have another blog called Coffee With Jesus http://neonfish76.wordpress.com/ that is on the more serious side but hopefully as enjoyable to others as My Two Cats
- I am originally from Niagara Falls, NY which is probably why waterfalls are one of my most favorite things in all of nature
- I hope to someday be a published author
- My top two “love languages” are “words of affirmation” and “quality time.”
There ya go friends! Thanks again to Playful Kitty’s nomination and to all of you who enjoy My Two Cats.
Love to ya;)
I had a happy surprise the other day. A fellow blogger gave me a round of apaws and nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award. A huge thanks to OwlMcCloud for giving me such a positive form of feedback and validation. Thanks to all of you who read my blog and a special thanks to those of you who follow my blog. I hope to inspire people with laughter, life, and love through writing about life with cats.
I’d love for you all to visit another inspirational blog, the one who nominated me: http://ourcloudlounge.com/. With gorgeous nature pics, quotes, and uplifting content, you’ll see why Cloud Lounge is a great place on WordPress to hang out. Thanks again, and without further ado I honor the process of this Award and let you know about other wonderfully inspiring bloggers in this happy little community.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
Seven Things About Me:
- I am originally from Niagara Falls, NY, hence my love of waterfalls and water in general.
- My favorite season is Autumn, for its beauty, inspiration, and time of reflection.
- My first childhood kitten was a gray cat I named Todd. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to get rid of him. Now I have my gray cat named Toby, whom I’ve had since he was a kitten.
- My greatest fear is not death, but life without lasting purpose.
- I love 80’s music, which is why I have had keyboards and synthesizers over the years. I am currently without one, but the next one will be a Korg Workstation so I can record songs and burn CD’s for my loved ones.
- My favorite musician is the legendary Blues man Taj Mahal. Seeing him in concert was my first Bucket List item, which I savored every minute of in October 2012.
- If I had the means to travel, it would be along the entire western U.S. coastline, to Ireland, and of course to Africa.
Nomination of Other Bloggers:
- http://thephoenixaria.wordpress.com/(A true inspiration chronicling the journey of surviving and even thriving through abuse)
- http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ (A blog that has other awards posted, and for obvious reasons!)
- http://beasone.org/ (A sweet spirited lady with versatile blog content)
- http://allthosesmallthings.wordpress.com/ (An international youth’s blog with enjoyable outlook and insight)
- http://mistergkids.com/ (An incredibly talented cartoonist’s blog, who’s love of teaching children is the adorable core content of his art)
- http://theverybesttop10.com/ (The first blog I followed and still one of my favorites, this man posts Top 10 lists on anything and everything. I always walk away with a laugh or a smile or a sense of amazement)
- http://aldrinray.wordpress.com/ (Positively incredible photography blog, this man has an incredible and unique eye for capturing life)
- http://espirational.com/ (A blog dedicated to inspiring through short blog entries, quotes, and more)
- http://hikingphoto.com/ (Another amazing photography blog capturing some of the most amazing places, selling of prints available)
- http://urbanwallart.wordpress.com/ (An amazing art blog, there are just no other words)
- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ (If you want to learn how to let go and live life, go here. This lady is living 100% and chronicles her travels and adventures with words and photos)
- http://idolanuel.com/ (Having an inspirational, very insightful blog himself, I nominate this last one because he was my first “like” on my first post of this new blogging journey. It inspired me that someone actually liked what I had to read, so I kept writing!)
As I’m new to blogging I am 3 nominations shy of the rules. Dolly Parton said if you obey all the rules you miss out on the fun. I’ve got a lot more fun in store on WordPress and can’t wait to discover more blogs and connect with some fabulous peeps. Until then, it’s time to grab a book, find the kitties, and give them some celebration treats 🙂